Just finished enjoy this delicious chicken recipe. This recipe will definitely be added to our regular menu planning. The great thing is that it can be finished within 30 minutes and will be a snap for the nights that I have to make a quick meal to get on the table.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves 4 (But easily adjustable, I made it for 2)
- Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 (4-6oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (flattened)
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
With the seasonings, I honestly didn’t measure. I just applied what I thought was a nice even amount to each piece and called it good.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions; cook over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring frequently.
- Stir in wine; cook 2 minutes or until wine evaporates.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with paprika, salt and pepper. Remove onions from skillet; set aside.
- Cook chicken in same skillet oer medium heat 4 minutes each side or until no longer pink in center.
- Spoon onions over chicken; top with cheese. Cook 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Serve with a rice and vegetables or salad and you will be set to go.
~Recipe from Sargento’s Mac & Cheese and More recipe booklet. The little cookbooks by the checkout stands are addictive for me!