Small improvements. While not wave your pom poms worthy it was still nice to be a little more active.
This past Sunday I did the week 2 of the running program. I went a little different route, but it still only ended up being 1.54 miles :(.
Monday I got up and did a different yoga video that puts the focus on abs and back. It was only 1/2 an hour but it felt wonderful when I was done. Thankfully this one I can actually do the whole video. YAY me!
I planned to run on Wednesday but I’m not yet so diehard that I go running in the pouring rain….so I stayed inside.
Thursday feeling that I had to do at least something else went for another run. Also doing week 2 I went for the same route as on Sunday. I hope to go again on Saturday and then next week bump it up to week 3 and start lengthening the running sections a little of the C25K (Couch to 5 k podcast).
Menu was a definite improvement from last week and all meals were homemade which usually helps!
- Monday – Taco Salad (I don’t eat dressing–think its gross!)
- Tuesday – Baked Chicken with brown rice and steamed green beans
- Wednesday – Stir fry chicken, broccoli, mushrooms with brown rice
- Thursday – Leftovers…making sure the fridge is cleaned out this week
- Friday – Bake a chicken served with roasted potato wedges and steamed baby carrots (Looking forward to potato wedge recipe!)
photo © 2009 Corey Harmon | more info (via: Wylio)
I know that this week still had some desserts in the house with the cupcakes I couldn’t resist making…Now this weekend I plan on baking cookies and delivery with a note to the neighbors who stopped our escaping puppies. I need to make sure that most of those get and stay out of our kitchen though! I’m thinking chocolate oatmeal sound good…See I get distracted as soon as I think about baking. Oh well. It is a process!
How did your week go? Do you have any exciting plans for Memorial day? I’d love to hear about them!